The Association of Persons Affected by Addiction (APAA) continues to improve the quality of life for individuals, family and communities in North Texas who are challenged, seeking or in substance use and/or mental health recovery since 1998. Our Mission is to educate all segments of the community about addiction/mental health recovery and provide recovery support services. APAA staff practice CAPRSS standards and principles for successful recovery outcomes in the community and with those we serve. APAA is a safe place for many paths of recovery.
We provide education, training and direct services including:
- Comprehensive Recovery Support Services including 20 practicing Peer Recovery Support Specialist and Mental Health Peer Specialist serving over 2000 annually.
- Grant collaborations with Texas Health and Human Services, North Texas Behavioral Health Authority, United Way, City of Dallas Community Court, Dallas County Courts and Health and Human Services Recovery Support Services/Opioid Response and Manage Companies.
- Recovery Community Center – 23 (weekly) Support groups including informational, companionship, instrumental and emotional supports. Jammin n’ Recovery (dances), Recovery at the Movies, Recovery Bingo, Dual Recovery Support (MH/SU) Texas Targeted Opiate Response MAT/MARS groups and Peer Huddles.
- Whole Health Learning Community Partners – El Centro College’s Registered Nursing students, Foremost Family Clinic, Parkland Hospital, UT Southwestern Medical School, Eastfield Community College
- Training Entity – Provide over 12 different trainings including Medicaid – Recovery Support Peer Specialist/Mental Health Peer Specialist, Recovery Coaches and Recovery Oriented Communities of Care Training (ROCC STARS).
- Peer Provider of the North Texas Behavioral Health Authority (NTBHA/LMHA) – providing crisis addiction/mental health services in emergency rooms, crisis hospitals, Rural support and “The Living Room”.
Mission & Vision
Our Mission is to educate all segments of the community about addiction/mental health recovery and provide recovery support services..