101 & 201
Accreditation 101: Introduction to Accreditation
Accreditation 101 is our introduction to accreditation course, where it:
- describes the mission and purpose of CAPRSS
- provides an overview of the standards and criteria
- describes the steps in the accreditation process
- presents resources for getting your organization accreditation ready and for completing your application for accreditation candidacy.
Each session lasts 60-minutes, and includes time for your questions.
Accreditation 201: Understanding the Standards
CAPRSS has developed a set of rigorous standards that come directly from the recovery community and reflect current practice in peer recovery support. The standards are the core of the accreditation process.
The CAPRSS Standards can be viewed as an external guide used to assess the capacity and efficiency of a PRSS program, in that programs that are applying for accreditation will be evaluated on the extent to which they can demonstrate their ability to meet the standards. But the standards can also be considered a guide that a PRSS program can use to conduct a self-inventory, to learn more about areas of excellence and the areas that may need improvement. The second webinar in the accreditation series is designed to give you a deeper understanding of the standards. This 60-minute session is designed to:
- Identify the elements of the CAPRSS standards taxonomy and how they relate
- Describe the core domains and standards
- Discuss how peer reviewers–and PRSS programs– will use standards, criteria, and elements of performance in the accreditation process.